Friends of St Ignatius
Registered Charity Number 1064694
The Friends of St Ignatius is a registered charity run by parents. It raises vital funds for facilities and equipment to complement life at school, raising thousands of pounds each year.
The Friends of St Ignatius also take responsibility for many of the most enjoyable and memorable occasions in the school calendar – like school discos, family fun events and children’s entertainment events.
New volunteers are always welcome. Please ask at the office for details of how to get involved.
The Friends of St Ignatius are a group of parents who work together to organise fundraising events to help support the children in school. In a recent survey of the parents of St Ignatius, 100% confirmed that they appreciate the work that the Friends do and believe it is very important to their children and the school.
Annual events and treats for children include:
- Easter eggs
- Selection boxes gifted by Santa
- Secret Santa
- Christmas fayre
- Children’s Christmas cards
- Year 6 Lightwater Valley Trip
- Valentine’s disco
- St Ignatius celebration day with a gifted ice cream for each child
- Water bottles provided for new starters
- Social family events E.g. Skinny Living gig, quiz nights and involvement with the summer fayre
Most importantly we provide the school with vital funding for educational resources. As school funding receives more cuts, this is one of the reasons why the work of the Friends is becoming more and more important.
Here are some examples of what we have provided in recent years:
- software (Espresso)
- playground equipment (trim trail and artificial grass for Nursery)
- funding for external learning providers e.g. Eggs to Chicks, African drumming, outdoor learning from Eden’s Forest etc.
We are always on the lookout for new members who can help us with our fundraising activities. If you would like to get involved, please come along to our next meeting. Meeting dates and times are sent out by text to all current parents. Alternatively, leave your details in the school office or send us a message on our Facebook page: