Welcome to St. Ignatius Catholic Primary School, where our commitment to Christ and the principles of the Catholic faith form the foundation of our inclusive learning environment. At the heart of our school lies our Mission Statement and Vision Statement, which encapsulate our dedication to providing the very best education for our children. Our curriculum plays a central role in realising this mission and vision, as it empowers our students to grow academically, spiritually, and personally.
Please see English and Maths plans on their individual pages. Please see more detailed subject plans on their individual pages.
Aligned with the National Curriculum 2014, our curriculum is thoughtfully designed to offer knowledge-based learning opportunities that both challenge and captivate our students. We believe in fostering a consistent and supportive approach throughout the school, with a strong emphasis on recognising the uniqueness of each child. By enabling students to explore and engage with all facets of the curriculum, we equip them to become successful, self-assured, and life-long learners, capable of surpassing their own expectations and pursuing their dreams.
At St. Ignatius, we embrace the diversity of our students and their individual learning styles, ensuring that all learners can thrive in a nurturing and stimulating environment. Our commitment to the teachings of Christ permeates our educational practices, fostering an atmosphere of compassion, respect, and understanding.
Through our curriculum, we aim to instill not only academic excellence but also the values of empathy, integrity, and social responsibility. By nurturing the whole child, we aspire to produce well-rounded individuals who will contribute positively to both their local and global communities.
In partnership with our dedicated teachers, supportive staff, and engaged parents, we strive to create an educational journey that empowers our students to discover their true potential and embrace the teachings of Christ in their daily lives.
Together, we are dedicated to shaping confident, compassionate, and inspired individuals who will become the leaders of tomorrow, carrying with them the values instilled at St. Ignatius Catholic Primary School throughout their life’s journey.
At St. Ignatius Catholic Primary School, we are committed to delivering a dynamic and enriching curriculum that equips our students with the knowledge, skills, and values they need to excel in the modern world. We have worked incredibly hard to develop a curriculum suited for modern learners, alongside our Trust and colleagues. Our implementation strategies ensure a broad and balanced coverage of all curriculum areas throughout the year, fostering a cohesive and comprehensive educational journey for every child.
- Whole School Curriculum Map: We have meticulously designed a whole school curriculum map, alongside our colleagues in the Trust, that outlines the progression of themes and topics across all subjects. This map ensures a seamless and logical sequence of learning, guaranteeing that each topic is introduced at the most appropriate time during the school year. By doing so, we facilitate connections between different subjects and enable students to grasp the interrelatedness of knowledge.
- Curriculum Plans for Each Subject: Our dedicated educators have developed comprehensive curriculum plans for each subject. These plans outline the specific knowledge and skills that students should acquire over time, ensuring a progressive and coherent learning experience. By setting clear learning objectives for each year, we provide our students with a strong foundation to build upon as they progress through their education at St. Ignatius.
- Rich Learning Experiences: We recognise the value of hands-on, experiential learning in nurturing well-rounded individuals. To complement classroom learning, we organise well-planned educational visits to local places of interest, historical sites, museums, and other relevant venues. These experiences provide our students with real-world connections to the curriculum, fostering a deeper understanding of the subject matter and igniting their curiosity.
- Visiting Speakers and Themed Days: We invite experts and guest speakers from various fields to share their knowledge and experiences with our students. Through interactive sessions and presentations, these professionals expose our students to diverse perspectives and inspire them to explore different career paths and interests. Additionally, themed days allow us to delve deeply into specific topics, creating immersive learning experiences that resonate with our students.
- Appreciation of the Environment: As stewards of God’s creation, we believe in cultivating an appreciation for the environment among our students. Our curriculum includes activities and projects that promote environmental awareness and sustainability. By participating in eco-focused initiatives, nature walks, and outdoor learning opportunities, our students develop a profound respect for the world around them and understand the importance of safeguarding it for future generations.
Through these carefully planned implementation strategies, we aim to provide our students with an education that transcends textbooks and empowers them to become active, informed, and compassionate members of society. At St. Ignatius Catholic Primary School, we are dedicated to fostering a love for learning, a sense of responsibility towards others, and a deep connection to their faith and the world they inhabit.
At St. Ignatius Catholic Primary School, our mission and vision is to ignite a perpetual thirst for knowledge within every pupil, empowering them to become enthusiastic, life-long learners and flourish in faith and learning. The impact of our enriched curriculum will be carefully evaluated by our school leaders, who are committed to monitoring the progress of all children over time. We strive for excellence in education, and our subject leaders are dedicated to ensuring that our teaching matches or surpasses the breadth and ambition of the national curriculum.
To gauge the effectiveness of our curriculum, we have established key evaluation criteria:
- Comprehensive Subject Coverage: We allocate ample time for meaningful coverage of each subject area, ensuring that students engage deeply with the curriculum. By providing sufficient opportunities for exploration and discovery, we inspire a genuine love for learning in our pupils.
- Fostering a Love for Reading: Throughout our lessons, we actively promote a love of reading, recognising the invaluable role it plays in expanding knowledge and nurturing creativity. We celebrate the power of storytelling and the written word as vehicles for imagination and understanding.
- Articulate Learning and its Impact: We encourage our pupils to articulate their learning experiences at an appropriate level. By empowering them to express their knowledge and insights, we enable them to develop confidence in their abilities and cultivate a deeper understanding of their progress.
- Monitoring Progress and Timely Feedback: We closely monitor the progress of our students, providing timely and constructive feedback to support their ongoing growth. This ensures that each child receives the necessary guidance to thrive academically and personally.
- Enrichment Beyond the Classroom: We believe that learning extends beyond formal classroom teaching. To enrich our students’ educational journey, we offer diverse opportunities for experiential learning, educational visits, guest speakers, and themed days. These immersive experiences deepen their connection to the curriculum and the world around them.
At the core of our enriched curriculum lies the recognition of each individual’s uniqueness and intrinsic value. Embodying the teachings of Christ, we foster high-quality personal and spiritual development for every pupil, nurturing their faith and empowering them to embody Christian Virtues in their daily lives.
Through our enriched curriculum, we envision graduates from St. Ignatius Catholic Primary School as knowledgeable, compassionate, and resilient individuals. Equipped with a love for learning, a strong foundation of faith, and a commitment to life-long growth, they will embark on their future journeys as active contributors to society, making a positive impact on their communities and beyond.
Please find more information on individual subjects on their relevant pages.
We have built a curriculum which is flexible to the needs of our pupils. To find out more about how our curriculum is accessible to those with disabilities or SEN please see our SEND report, policy and offer which can be accessed on our SEND Offer page.