Welcome to Class Four!
Participation, enthusiasm and enjoyment are three words that we would use to ‘sum up’ our class!
Class Four is a mixed age class comprising of Year Four and Year Five children and is taught by Mrs Ridgeon (Monday to Wednesday lunchtime) and Ms Yusuf (Wednesday lunchtime to Friday). Mrs Shelton will support the class for maths lessons and teach music on a Monday morning. Mrs Dixon will teach the class French on a Tuesday morning.
In Class Four, we aim to encourage positive relationships between one another because we all have different strengths and a lot to share! This will be a particular priority this year following the school closures. We also work hard to encourage children to be increasingly independent and responsible for their learning and hope that they leave Class Four with a strong sense of personal belief and good organisational skills.
We believe that part of teaching engaging lessons involves bringing the topics to life through themed days and educational visits. We endeavour to organise these when pandemic guidelines allow.
Other Key Information
- What We Expect from children in Class 4 – to work hard to display our learner values (showing resilience, taking risks, being their ‘best self’, being an inquirer, seeking challenges and reflecting). These will help them to achieve their potential.
- Reading – Read a variety of fiction and non-fiction at home to encourage them to reflect and build their comprehension skills. If possible, please set aside as much time as you can for your child to read independently or with a family member each night.
- Times Tables- Please practice times tables little and often. This can be through the use of the TT Rockstars website. Year 4 are expected to quickly recall times table up to 12×12. These are now tested nationally towards the end of year 4.
Please note – a comment with a page number and signature should be made every time a child reads at home.
- Homework – Homework is given out on Thursdays and should be returned the following Thursday. Please encourage your child to complete their homework and build this into their routine.
Please note – homework will include spellings featured in a spelling test which will take place on the Thursday which the homework is due.
- P.E. – Children should come to school in P.E. kit on a Monday and Thursday.
Please see the documents below for more information about Class 4.
Click here for
Home Learning Platforms