Job Title: Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant
Grade: 4 (SCP 14-17) Salary: £17,681 – £18,672 (FTE)
Hours: 10.83 hours (afternoons 1:05 – 3:15pm) Term Time Only
This post will be temporary due to the nature of the role.
Overall Purpose of the Post:
The Academy Council of St Ignatius’ Catholic Primary School are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our successful school team. Primarily, this rewarding post will be to support a pupil with specific additional needs; working to deliver a bespoke curriculum.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with challenging children would be a distinct advantage
- Have English and maths GCSE or equivalent
- Require patience and perseverance
- Be able to quickly build good relationships
- Be organised and able to set up routines and a consistent approach to behaviour management
- Be willing to research, attend training and learn to develop practice consistent with the child’s needs
If you would like to know more, please contact the school directly. Visits to the school would be highly recommended. Please note that school is closed 21st July to 4th September 2018.
Application, Recruitment and Monitoring, also Rehabilitation of Offenders disclosure forms can be found on the school website under the ‘Vacancies’ tab. All applications must be made using the CES Support Staff application form via the school website. Application packs are available from the school or can be requested by email until 20th July.
Applications must be made on the CES support staff application form:
Closing date for applications: Noon Monday 10th September 2018
St. Ignatius Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. This post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) plus all other Safer Recruitment checks.