Science education is important in developing the child’s understanding of the world around them through the various branches of science.
The science curriculum is exciting, hands-on based learning where children are given opportunities to find answers, discuss their ideas and develop their understanding of the world around them. In order to do this successfully they need to develop range of skills and knowledge including:
Applying their mathematical knowledge
Know how science is used in everyday life
Understanding a fair test
It also teaches children a specific set of skills around exploring their ideas, finding answers and creating enquiring minds.
The science curriculum is currently taught in year groups in KS1 and on a 4 year rolling programme in KS2.
Click the links below to see some of our recent activities. To see older entries, click on any activity, then use the small grey arrows at the bottom to navigate to older activities.
Recent activities have included:
- Nursery – Minibeasts
- Class 2 British Science Week
- Class 1 British Science Week
- Science Week Colour Spectrum
- Class 4 Tumbling Toast
- Nursery British Science Week – Day 5
- Nursery British Science Week – Day 4
- Nursery British Science Week – Day 3
- Nursery British Science Week – Day 2
- Nursery British Science Week – Day 1