Science education is important in developing the child’s understanding of the world around them through the various branches of science.
The science curriculum is exciting, hands-on based learning where children are given opportunities to find answers, discuss their ideas and develop their understanding of the world around them. In order to do this successfully they need to develop range of skills and knowledge including:
Applying their mathematical knowledge
Know how science is used in everyday life
Understanding a fair test
It also teaches children a specific set of skills around exploring their ideas, finding answers and creating enquiring minds.
The science curriculum is currently taught in year groups in KS1 and on a 4 year rolling programme in KS2.
Recent activities have included:
- Class 2 trip to the Hindu Mandir and National Media Museum
- Class 2 trip to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park
- Look at our new Science Garden
- Microscope – Class 3
- Science and Media Museum
- English Lessons – Robi the Robot
- Robi the Robot – Class 4
- Microscope Work – Class 1 (Year 1)
- Robin Hoods Bay – Class 4